Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fifth Avenue Meet Poppy Parade

  Wow!  Where has the week gone??  I can't believe it's already Thursday.  I guess it's true that time flies when you're having fun.  Tuesday night and Wednesday morning I had my stamp club events and always have a great time with my stamping ladies.  On Wednesday afternoon the boys and I visited with our good friends and met their brand new baby girl!  And I think today I'm going to take a breather and I need to get back in the stamp room to 1) to clean up and put things away from club and 2) I need to make a lot of cards! 

  I'll be posting my club projects over the next few days but today I'm sharing a card that I made for my next door neighbor for her birthday last week.  She's also a friend and one of my stamping ladies so I can't just make any old card!  I got this color combination at church 2 weeks ago.  Someone was wearing a cute Poppy Parade skirt that had white flower outlines all over it.  She paired the skirt with an Early Espresso knit top and she looked awesome.  I, of course, wrote down the color combination on my bulletin so I wouldn't forget. 

  I dusted off my Fifth Avenue Floral set which hasn't seen much action lately and I fell in love with it all over again.  I embossed the flowers with white embossing powder on Poppy Parade cardstock and then cut around the petals with my Paper Snips (best $9.95 spent for a tool ever!) for a fun detail.  I did mask a little so the flowers would be closer together.

  I also embossed the birthday greeting from Petite Pairs in white. I made one of my beloved 
Fork Bows to go around the top panel and highlight the greeting.  I mounted this on a panel of Early Espresso and then a base of Poppy Parade.   And there you have it!

  I hope everyone has an awesome Thursday!  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

  Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Petite Pairs

  Ink: Versamark

  Paper: Poppy Parade, Early Espresso

  Accessories: white embossing powder, Whisper White satin ribbon


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Amanda! Wow, those flowers just pop in the white embossing! Great card - bet your friend loved it! Thanks for sharing - enjoy your day...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!