Thursday, August 11, 2011

Serene Sparkles - June Christmas Card Challenge

  I am still a little behind in making my cards for the Christmas Card Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers but I'm still way ahead of where I usually am at this point in the year (which is usually a big fat zero!).  I was able to catch up through my June cards with this design.  I still need to do July and August and I'm planning on designing those soon.  It's hard to get in the Christmas mood when the weather is 95+ degrees and the humidity is close to that too! 

  This card is super sparkly and shimmery.  I used my Shimmer Paints to make Shimmer Mist and once I had the card all put together I gave it a good blast of the mist and it just sparkles away!  And the cool glass glitter definitely gives off it's own sparkle too.  I hope you can see it at least a little bit in the photos.  To make the Shimmer Mist just fill up a little spray bottle (I got mine in the travel/sample sized area near the pharmacy at Target) with some rubbing alcohol then add a few or more drops of your chosen Shimmer Paint and shake really well before spraying.  Now you have a great mist of shimmer!  Don't worry about your cardstock being wet, the alcohol dries/evaporates very quickly leaving just your sparkle behind.



























  The base is Basic Gray and the next layer is Very Vanilla.  I stamped the Serene Snowflakes set with Very Vanilla craft ink onto the Basic Gray layer.  I love the Whisper White and Very Vanilla craft inks for stamping onto darker colored cardstock.  It is a really cool contrast.  I used the half scallop circle from the Big Shot Petal Cone die to cut out a Very Vanilla piece and then stamped the Christmas greeting from the new Delightful Dozen set in Basic Gray ink.  This set has a great variety of larger sized greetings for a lot of holidays and occasions.  I added some adhesive pearls to balance the left side of the half scallop circle.  And do I need to say that the greeting is popped up on dimensionals?



  To get the perfect line of Glass Glitter going across the card I just used a piece of red sticky strip tape across the card and pressed the Glass Glitter into it.  The Glitter stays put on the tape and you just dump any excess back into the container to use another time.  The Glass Glitter is so elegant and I can't wait to design some more projects using it.  I finished off the embellishments with some Very Vanilla 3/8" taffeta ribbon.  This ribbon is retired so I was just trying to use up my stash since I can't use it for classes anymore but the Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon would be a great substitute instead.

  For any Richmond, VA area stampers that are interested in joining me for an upcoming class please check out my calendar of events link HERE.  On August 30th I will be having a mini Stamp-A-Stack.  2 cards each of 3 designs using the new Turtle & Co. stamp set.  This is the exclusive limited time Ronald McDonald House Charities stamp set that Stampin' Up! designs and then donates $3 for each set sold to help RMHC.  Come create some great cards all while helping a very worthwhile cause.  Cost is $24 for the clear mount option (blocks not included) or $29 for the wood mount.  Class fee includes stamp set, tax, shipping, and all project supplies except your favorite adhesive.  I need to have your payment by August 18 if you would like to join this fun event.  Contact me if you have any questions!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Serene Snowflakes, Delightful Dozen

Ink: Very Vanilla craft, Basic Gray

Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Gray

Accessories: Glass Glitter, sticky strip, Shimmer Paint/Shimmer Mist, 3/8" taffeta ribbon, adhesive pearls, Petal Cone die, dimensionals


1 comment:

  1. Amanda, this card is stunning! What a beauty, and looks like one that would mass produce easily! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!