Monday, August 1, 2011

First Edition Field Flowers

  I hope everyone out there in stamping land had a great weekend.  We spent most of the day on Saturday at the pool and then went home and lazed around until dinner time.  It was a great relaxing day.  On Sunday we didn't do too much after church as the weather was kind of iffy but we got some stuff done around the house and that always feels good to check things off "The List".  I even did some stamping to get samples ready for my class at the end of the month.  Don't worry I'll show those after the class!

  My cousin and her 2 kids arrived today from Connecticut to spend the week.  Our kids are the same ages so it's fun to see them all playing together.  We have a busy week full of fun things to do around Richmond so I probably won't have much of a chance to post but I'll do my best. 

  This card is one of the projects we did last week at stamp club.  I got so many new things when this new catalog came out I had a really hard time designing the projects as there were just too many choices!  I tried to stay simple for this card.  The Field Flowers set is so pretty with so much detail on the images.  I can't wait to sit down and create some more with it.  If you haven't done 2 Step Stamping before this is a great set to get, especially in clear mount.  You can line everything up so easily it's not even funny!


  This photo doesn't do this card justice.  I need to check my camera and see if the settings are off or something!  I stamped the stem first using Pear Pizzazz.  We stamped right onto the First Edition Specialty paper.  The style of this paper stack is perfect for a bit of vintage-y flair.  The flowers were stamped next in Peach Parfait.  Always stamp the stem first!  It's way easier to line the flowers up on the stem than the other way around.  Next, I 2 Step Stamped by adding the centers of the flowers using the Dynamic Duo to Peach Parfait, which is Cajun Craze.  The Color Coach is great for finding tone on tone color combinations to work with 2 step stamp sets.  I used the 1 1/4" circle punch to punch a half circle on the right side of the top 2 panels.  Finally, I tied a piece of new (!!) Chocolate Chip 1/2" Scallop Dots ribbon around to finish off the card.

  Today demonstrators were able to begin pre-ordering from the Holiday Mini catalog which goes live to customers on September 1.  I haven't even inked up all of my new sets from the big catalog yet!!  I guess I better start thinking about the holidays huh?  It's never too early to get some ideas down on paper so you're ready when you can order from the Holiday mini!

Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Field Flowers

Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, Cajun Craze

Paper: Peach Parfait, Chocolate Chip, First Edition Specialty DSP

Accessories: 1 1/4" circle punch, 1/2" Scallop Dots ribbon

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!