Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bench of Love Swap Card

  Every few months my stamping ladies do a card swap at club.  I had time to participate this past month and came up with this card.  I did have an ulterior motive for this design.  I needed to make a wedding card for my cousin and his new wife and I only had time to design one card so I made this one into my swap card as well.  Isn't this cute for a wedding, anniversary or Valentine's day card?

   When the Have a Seat set came out I kind of wondered what you could do with it so I didn't get it for a while.  Then I saw a few samples and decided that I should get it since I kept thinking about the cute little chairs.  I didn't want to be haunted if it retired and I never bought it and then I would only see it for sale for like twice the price of what it was in the catalog.  (Been there, done that right?) You can really make this set be anything you want it to be that's what's so great about it...just change the sentiment or embellishments and it can be for just about any occasion.

 
  The base is Crumb Cake with a layer of Early Espresso topped with another layer of Crumb Cake embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  The bench is stamped with Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla cardstock.  I punched the hearts out of the the Glimmer Paper (LOVE THIS!) which is carrying over to the new Idea Book & Catalog and I am excited not to have to hoard it!  I used the small heart punch but you could also use the smallest heart in the Heart to Heart punch.  I made a bow with Early Espresso 3/8" taffeta ribbon and wrapped a Vintage Brad around the middle and stuck it through the embossed layer.  On the inside I stamped "Happiness Always" from the Happy Greetings set in the Summer Mini.

  Tomorrow I'll try to post the swap cards the other ladies made.  It's so much fun to see all the different styles of swap cards.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Have a Seat

Ink: Early Espresso

Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Glimmer paper

Accessories: Square Lattice embossing folder, 3/8" Taffeta ribbon, Vintage Brad, small heart punch

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! They will cherish it, I'm sure :) Thanks for sharing, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! I love the little hearts in the seat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love it is appropriate for several occasions. I may just have to get this set!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!