Monday, May 2, 2011

Christmas Bench

  I'm still sticking to my resolution of getting my Christmas cards done early this year, one month at a time.  Here is my April card!  I made 10 if these and they came together pretty fast.  I thought I had seen a similar card somewhere last year with this idea but when I went searching for it I couldn't find it anywhere so maybe I dreamed it.  If you made a card like this last year please let me know as I'd love to give you the credit for this fabulous idea.


  I had some Christmas Cocoa Specialty DSP that was leftover from a year or 2 ago that I wanted to use up and it gave this card a little bit of sparkle to jazz it up.  On the Early Espresso base I stamped the snowflake from Berry Christmas (retired) and then embossed the "Merry Christmas" from Four the Holidays with white embossing powder.  Remember to use your embossing buddy before you do this step since stray embossing powder will get everywhere and show up against the dark cardstock....Ask me how I know!
 
  For the bench panel I stamped the image in Early Espresso.  Don't you love this bench from the Have a Seat set?  I've seen quite a few really cute cards with these little chairs and bench.  To make the wreath I punched out the mini scallop circles from textured Garden Green cardstock.  The mini scallop circle punch is part of the Itty Bitty shapes punch pack which I'm using way more than I thought I would when I first got it.  I punched 8 for each wreath, layering 4 down first and then the other 4 staggered on top of the first set.  A Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon tops off this Christmas bench.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?
***Edited to Add: One of my stamping ladies remembered seeing the wreath/bench idea on Becky Robert's blog so the credit goes to her for this fabulous idea.  To see one of the cards she made click here.   Thanks Holly! ***

Stamps: Have A Seat, Four the Holidays, Berry Christmas (retired)

Ink: Early Espresso, Versamark

Paper: Early Espresso, Whisper White, Christmas Cocoa Specialty DSP, Garden Green textured


Accessories: white embossing powder, 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!