Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ryan's Valentine Projects

  Yesterday I said I would share with you what my 4 1/2 year old made for our family as well as for his classmates for Valentine's day.  First is the card that we made together to send to the 4 sets of grandparents and 2 uncles.  Ryan did all the punching, folding, taping, stamping and writing for each card.  He did a fabulous job with only minimal (read- keeping the ink on the cardstock and taping the layers on straight!) help from me.


  On the front he used the Heart to Heart punch twice and then layered some scrap DSP behind the cut outs.  Then he stamped "Love" from Filled With Love in Real Red.  And of course I suggested we add a punched heart using the Glimmer paper and he was all for that!
  For the back he stamped "Hand Stamped" and then wrote his name.  How funny is it that the letters get bigger as he goes??!!  I had to keep reminding him when he was doing the inside that he had to make his letters a bit smaller or "Love, Ryan & Alex" wasn't going to fit.  We couldn't have poor little brother Alex's name getting chopped off! And there had to be room for the photo of the 2 of them somewhere.


And here he is, proud artist, with all 6 cards!  He even stamped the envelopes...he knows you can't send a naked envelope!  Don't mind the disaster area of a playroom in the background....I've given up in there...more time for stamping!


  Here are the Valentine bookmarks we made together for his classmates.  They are very similar to ones I made for my stamp club last fall--why mess with a good design right?  We worked on these a little at a time for about a week.  Ryan is a HUGE fan of the Big Shot (who isn't right?) and did all the cranking for these.  It was so funny, they sent a list home so you would have everyone's name and Ryan counted up how many boys (11) and how many girls (4 + 2 teachers) and could read each classmate's name which surprised me.  We die cut the letters using the Alphabet Simple Letters die and some DSP and he read each name and told me what letter we were going to be making next and found it on the right die.  It was a good numbers & letters project I think!  We made pink & purple ones for the girls and blue & orange for the boys.

  Again, Ryan did all the punching, stamping and adhering himself.  I did do the gluing for the DSP letters just because I didn't want it all to end up a sticky colorful mess (and the stamp room carpet thanks for me that I think).  I think he loves the Glimmer paper as much as I do.  Are you all sick of seeing projects using it??

  I was so glad that he was excited to make this with me and we had a lot of fun putting them all together and hanging out in my stamp room.  He wanted to know what our next project was going to be!  How many weeks until Easter???

  Stamps: Filled With Love

  Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry

  Paper: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Glimmer Paper, Sweet Pea DSP (retired), Welcome Neighbor DSP (retired)

Acessories: 2 Tags Die, Big Shot, Full Heart punch, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, Simple Letters Alphabet dies, grosgrain ribbon, polka dot grosgrain ribbon, handheld punch,

Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp (with your kids) today?

3 comments:

  1. Such wonderful cards and projects on your blog! I came here after seeing your creation at Splitcoast and am signing up to be a follower! TFS
    cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking,dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan did a great job on his projects!!! Thank him for sharing them with us!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Thanks for showing us. I like the idea of making bookmarks for the class--sometimes it's nice to have a 'no candy' idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!