Monday, January 3, 2011

Snowman Thank You

  Happy New Year stamping friends!  Are you ready to start the new year off?  My first card of 2011 is this adorable little snowman looking up into the sky.  Have you seen him around?  I've seen a bunch of projects in different online galleries and on some blogs and just had to make one of my own.  My inspiration came specifically from Renee Van Stralen's card on her blog.  She just makes the most beautiful cards so definitely poke around her blog and see what she's working on.  My card is a pared down version of hers since I was making 10 of these for thank yous for Christmas gifts. 


  I had this retired Christmas Cocoa DSP left from last year that I wanted to use up.  It's so sparkly and fun it's a shame I can't bust it out for my classes anymore.  I also ran the entire Naturals White card front through the Big Shot with the Northern Flurry embossing folder so the right side of the card would be balanced with the DSP on the left. 

  The snowman is super easy to make using the 3 largest circles on the Circles #2 die.  I sponged the edges with some Bashful Blue to give him a bit of definition.  The arms are punched in Soft Suede using the snowflake punch and then trimmed.  Nose is from the small star punch in Pumpkin Pie and trimmed (see my Snowman Sweet Treat ornament post for details on the arms & nose as they are made the same way).  Eyes are just small circles made with the small hand held punch (1/8" inch I think).  The scarf is a strip of Cherry Cobbler that I used the scallop edge punch and made into Faux Rickrack.  Each layer of the snowman is adhered to the other layers using dimensionals so it gives the little man some height.

  To make the little banner I just stamped the sentiment on a narrow piece (read scrap that I couldn't bear to throw out!) of Naturals White cardstock, used my paper snips to make the points and then sponged the edges with Soft Suede.

   Now just to get the actual thank you part written and mailed out!

  Thanks for looking!  Happy Stamping!

Stamps: Thank You Kindly


Ink: Soft Suede, Bashful Blue

Paper: Naturals White, Soft Suede, Christmas Cocoa DSP (retired), Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black

Accessories: Circles #2 die, Northern Flurry embossing folder, scallop edge punch, small star punch, snowflake punch, dimensionals



 

3 comments:

  1. This card is just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, Amanda! I do love that punched snowman! Your DP and embossed backgrounds are perfect for him! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!