Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Love this Christmas Truck & a Color Challenge

  I hardly every get to do a challenge on the same day it was issued but today I got lucky....the boys are at school for the morning....the errands I have to do aren't urgent (at least in my mind!)....and the laundry is under control so it was time to head to the stamp room.  I checked out the challenge for today over on Splitcoaststampers and it's a Color Challenge using Real Red, Old Olive & River Rock.  Of course Real Red & Old Olive are great Christmas colors and River Rock adds a bit of non-traditional into the mix. 

  I know this truck has been around forever but it's still super cute and fun to watercolor.  I watercolored the truck & gifts using my Aquapainter and ink pads with the ink smooshed onto the lid.  For the tires, rims & bumpers I used the Aquapainter and my black & gray Watercolor Wonder crayons.  (Side note: Stampin' Up! just announced that the Watercolor Wonder crayons with the new Color Renovation colors are available to order!!)  I cut out the gifts and used my 2 way glue pen to highlight parts of them and covered them with Dazzling Diamonds.  I used some Crystal Effects on the hubcaps and bumpers and also added a sprinkling of Dazzling Diamonds to the hubcaps.  Gotta add some bling for Christmas right? 

  I popped the gifts as well as the main image panel up with dimensionals.  I also had one of the little tiny library binder clips so I tied a bow with linen thread around it and added more sparkle with a rhinestone.

  For the card base I stamped some Simple Snowflakes in River Rock, added a leftover strip of Old Olive Sweet Pea DSP, a little bit of Real Red scallops and a length of Very Vanilla grosgrain.

  Head on over to Splitcoaststampers and play along with this color challenge.  I'd love to see what you all come up with!  I'm off to cut some cardstock in preparation to make my Christmas cards....I've got the design all set now I just need to get busy and stamp!

  Thanks for looking!  Happy Stamping!
 

Stamps: Loads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories, Simple Snowflake

Ink: Stazon, River Rock, Real Red, Old Olive

Paper: River Rock, Real Red, Old Olive, Sweet Pea DSP, watercolor paper


Accessories: Aquapainter, Watercolor Wonder crayons, Dazzling Diamonds, Crystal Effects, Scallop border punch, library clip, linen thread, rhinestone jewel, Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon

5 comments:

  1. Perfect card, Amanda! This will always be one of my favorite Stampin'Up sets! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a GREAT card!!! I love everything about it from the colors to the presents!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so awesome! I need to pull that set out again! I might even do my holiday cards with it! Great colors for the challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another cute card. Love how you did the presents in the back of the truck. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The colors are very nice together, and I love all the little details that you added.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!