Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Welcome Baby Charlie!

  Our next door neighbors (she's also one of my Stamping Ladies!) just welcomed their 3rd child into the world.  Charlie is a little sweetie and he's got this great head of dark hair.  Since she now has 2 boys and I have 2 boys along with a few other little boys in the neighborhood we're looking forward to some crazy rough and tumble days ahead of us.  So I thought it was appropriate to make a baby card with a truck on it.  Here's what I came up with!

   I used the Color Coach for the color combination of Pumpkin Pie, Night of Navy and Cherry Cobbler.  They aren't traditional baby colors but it's the fall now and I was itching to keep with the season.  I stamped the truck on watercolor paper with Stazon ink then watercolored with my Aquapainter and Pumpkin Pie ink.  I used my Watercolor Wonder crayons to do the tires, hubcaps, bumpers and lights.  I stamped the "C" for Charlie in Night of Navy and then cut it out and put it in the truck bed.  A boy truck has to be hauling something right?  I added some Crystal Effects to the hubcaps to make them shiny.

  For the scalloped frame around the truck I just punched out several strips of Cherry Cobbler with my scallop edge punch and just lined them up around the edges and snipped off the excess (someday I'm going to have to spring for the Big Shot scallop square dies!).  I ran the base of my card through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I added a quick 5/8" satin bow to sweeten it up since Charlie isn't quite ready yet to play in the mud with the big boys.  I just did a ribbon share with my stamp club and I took one of the shares and let me tell you....I am LOVING having ribbon in all 13 of the colors it comes in.  I'm going to have to offer another one soon so I can get some of the other ribbon varieties as well.  I think I'm spoiled now!

Thanks for looking!  Happy Stamping!

Stamps: Loads of Love, Defining Alphabet

Ink: Stazon, Pumpkin Pie, Night of Navy

Paper: Watercolor paper, Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie

Accessories: 5/8" satin ribbon, scallop edge punch, Aquapainter, Watercolor Wonder crayons, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Crystal Effects

2 comments:

  1. Very cute. Great job on tying the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now how cute is that! What a great card for Charlie's arrival! Sounds like your neighborhood will be hopping! lol...Wait until they are all driving! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!