Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Northern Flurry Stamp-A-Stack

  Last night I held my last Stamp-A-Stack of 2010.  Can you believe we are already approaching the end of the year?  I better get a move on with my Christmas cards!  Anyway, this is one of the 2 cards we did last night.  Each lady made 5 of each design.  I made this one so it would be more winter themed than Christmas in case people wanted to use it for after Christmas thank yous, or winter birthdays, or even Christmas.  I had a variety of sentiments for them to choose from so they could make the card just how they wanted it.  They could choose from these sets for their sentiment; Full Calendar, Thank You Kindly or Define Your Life.  These stamps fit nicely into the Decorative Label punch.


  I love these colors together.  The base of the card is Whisper White, then a layer of Not Quite Navy (I tended to overlook this color until the Color Renovation this summer and then I found all sorts of new combinations to use it in...it's the Dynamic Duo for Baja Breeze so it's perfect here!).  We ran the Baja Breeze layer through the Big Shot using the new Northern Flurry embossing folder (it's in the Holiday Mini).  Then for the tricky part!  You don't want to have too juicy of a white craft pad for this as we found out last night!  To make the embossed snowflakes stand out we gently tapped or rubbed the white craft pad over the raised image, just enough of the ink stuck to make the snowflakes look kind of white.  You don't want to tip or tilt your craft pad but hold it nice and parallel to your cardstock.  If any of the corners touch the cardstock you'll get a white blob!  Practice makes perfect here.

  Now on to the top layer of details.  A simple strip of 5/8" Whisper White satin ribbon anchors the Simple Snowflake stamped in Not Quite Navy and punched out with the Extra Large Snowflake punch.  The center of the snowflake is dressed up with a pearl and the whole shebang is adhered with a gluedot.  For my sample I stamped "December" from Full Calendar (this is a great set for scrappers!) in Baja Breeze and punched it out with the Decorative Label punch then I sponged the edges with Not Quite Navy ink.  That's popped up on dimensionals of course!

  I'll be back tomorrow with the second card we did!  Thanks for looking!  Happy Stamping!

Stamps: Simple Snowflake, Full Calendar

Ink: White Craft, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy

Paper: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze

Accessories: Northern Flurry embossing folder, 5/8" satin ribbon, Snowflake punch, Decorative Label punch, pearls, glue dots, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Cute card. I love how you used the Whisper White craft ink to bring out the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!