Thursday, September 9, 2010

Another Color Coach Combination

  This is a card I made a while back.  It was a thank you card for our awesome neighbors (Hi Beth!).  As I have so many times since I got it, I used the Color Coach for getting started on this card.

  This was also around the same time that I had gotten the Elegant Lines embossing folder and was running every piece of cardstock through the Big Shot.  I had embossed the Rose Red piece but didn't have a card for it to go on so it was just sitting on my stamping table.  I checked out some color combinations on the Color Coach and settled on River Rock, Not Quite Navy, and Rose Red.

  The flower image is from Fifth Avenue Floral and the main image was stamped in Not Quite Navy ink and colored in with a blender pen and the Rose Red Watercolor Wonder crayon (not my strong suit but I'm trying!).  Of course since my lovely pearls arrived in the same box as the embossing folder they had to be given some love too.  And let me tell you they go a LONG way...I still have a ton left after using them at stamp club as well as on a bunch of personal projects.  A lot of bang for $4.95!  I quick tip for getting the pearls placed just where you want them is to pick them up using the tipof your paper piercing tool or paper snips.  Then you just put the tip against your cardstock and kind of push it off with your finger where you want it.  Same goes for the rhinestones.

 I cut 2 large butterflies from the Beautiful Wings embosslit, one in Not Quite Navy & the other in River Rock.  I layered the Not Quite Navy on the bottom and it kind of looks like a shadow.  I gave the River Rock butterfly a body using more pearls and also bent the wings up slightly for more dimension.  A nice little bow from Very Vanilla taffeta balances out the butterfly and finishes the card off.

  Thanks for looking!  Happy Stamping!

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral

Ink: Not Quite Navy, River Rock

Paper: River Rock, Not Quite Navy, Rose Red, Very Vanilla

Accessories: Elegant Lines embossing folder, Scallop Trim border punch, pearls, Beautiful Wings embosslit, blender pen, Watercolor Wonder crayons, 3/8" Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I just got this EF & can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Lots of layers and embelishments. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Amanda, and that color combination is wonderful! Your neighbor is very lucky to be receiving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combo! A nice layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice layout on your card and what a wonderful color combo!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!