Friday, August 13, 2010

Sweet Thank You

  Hopefully this photo is better as it was taken with the new camera.  I think I still need to just take my photos in the daytime but it's hard to get into the stamp room to do much when the little boys are awake so I usually wait until the evening to stamp and photograph but even with the light box the colors seem a little off.  I'll keep experimenting and someday I'll get it right!

  Most of the cards that I've been stamping lately are still thank yous for all of our events in July.  This one is going to my brother-in-law and his family for the birthday gifts they gave the boys.

  I still love the Sweet Scoops set today as much as I did the first time I saw the preview of the Summer Mini catalog a few months ago.  It is a really fun set that can be used for all occasions.  ***Remember, the Summer Mini catalog is done on August 31 so that's the last day to order anything else you might need or want!***

  Something else that I still love is the Sweet Pea DSP pack (retired) that was in the spring mini.  I love it so much that it's still kind of hard to cut into for a project but I'm trying to be good and use it so my stamp room doesn't end up on an episode of Hoarders some day. So I used a piece of it to layer behind my ice cream cone.

  The ice cream scoop was stamped in Pretty in Pink and then masked so I could stamp the cone just right.  The cone is stamped in So Saffron.  I then stamped the cherry on top in Rose Red.  I punched it out using the smaller scallop circle punch and layered it on the new larger scallop circle punch.  To give the cherry some 'pop' I covered it with a small dab of Crystal Effects and then sprinkled a bit of Dazzling Diamonds. Definitely let this piece dry before handling it too much or sticking it into an envelope to mail.

  Some scraps of 5/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon (retired) are tied into a knot around the DSP piece.  Another cherry & the Thanks sentiment are stamped on the bottom.  The Thanks was inked up using the Chocolate Chip marker so I could omit the "Kind" and just keep the "Thanks".

Thanks for looking!  Happy Stamping!

Stamps: Sweet Scoops, Thank You Kindly

Ink: So Saffron, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip (marker), Rose Red

Paper: Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Sweet Pea DSP (retired)


Accessories: 1 3/4" & 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punches, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds, 5/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Scoops is a great stamp set. I need to use mine more! Love this stamp combined with the Sweet Pea DSP!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!