Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jeanne's Sweet Birthday

  This past Saturday was my dear friend Jeanne's birthday.  We had her and her family over to celebrate so of course I had to make a card.  Jeanne is a super sweet person so I wanted to make her a card that went with her personality.  Sweet Scoops was just sitting on my stamping table begging for some ink.  What could be sweeter than ice cream??

 This is a quick and easy layout inspired by last week's Clean and Simple (CAS) challenge over on Splitcoaststampers (CAS66).  I have a lot of Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper left so I went for this pink stripe pattern.  I added a layer of Pixie Pink punched with the scallop border punch.  I paper pierced each scallop and then highlighted them with my white gel pen.  I pierced again above my DSP.

 The Sweet Scoops set comes with a cute texture stamp so you can make your ice cream look like it was just scooped with the little wavy lines and everything! Ink up the ice cream stamp and then stamp it directly onto the un-inked texture stamp then stamp your ice cream on your cardstock. The texture stamp will pull just a bit of ink from the other stamp making it lighter when you do your final image on cardstock. Super cool!  Then I made a quick mask for the ice cream with a sticky note (stamp your image at the top of the sticky note, cut the image out and then use it to cover up the image you want to make).  I wanted to make sure my cone looked like it was underneath the ice cream and not just floating on top.  Once my ice cream was masked I stamped the cone with Creamy Caramel (soon to be retired color).  The small tag punch fits perfectly with this ice cream cone and then layered with Pixie Pink using the large tag punch.

  The tag is finished off with a Whisper White grosgrain knot (I don't do bows--they always look crooked!) and popped up on dimensionals.  I stamped the sentiment with Creamy Caramel. I have Sweet Scoops in the clear mount option and I think it makes it really easy to see where you are lining up your scoops and cones.  Yay clear mount!

Stamps: Sweet Scoops

Ink: Pixie Pink, Creamy Caramel

Paper: Whisper White, Pixie Pink, Kaleidoscope DSP

Accessories: paper piercer, Signo white gel pen, grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable!!! Love the summer colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! Love the colors and layout. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I would never have thought to put the ice-cream cone on a tag! I will have to try that. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! It makes me wish it was summer. And that I had some ice cream in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors for this one! angieh29

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! I love those bright colors! Great layout too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!