Saturday, April 17, 2010

New Baby Gift

I designed this card to give as part of a gift for our neighbors who are new parents to an adorable baby boy. When I have time, I usually include a set of cards for the new parents to use as thank yous for all the gifts they receive during this exciting time. I know that I wrote tons of thank yous before and after my boys were born and I figure that most new parents will be needing some cards along the way.

I brought the pieces of this card along with me on my recent trip to CT and was able to a lot of it finished in only a few hours. The square pieces of Designer Series Paper were punched out using the 1 3/8" square punch. 4 of these punched squares fit perfectly across an A2 size card! I layered my squares across a strip of Whisper White and added a line of paper piercing underneath. I stamped the elephant using Old Olive ink and then cut him out and adhered him using dimensionals (have you noticed I LOVE using dimensionals??). A quick "thanks" stamped with Chocolate Chip ink and the card is finished....Repeat 7 more times for a quick new parent gift set!

Stamps: Animal Stories, Fundamental Phrases

Ink: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip

Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper, Good Neighbors Designer Series Paper

Accessories: paper piercer, dimensionals, 1 3/8" square punch

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!