Monday, March 22, 2010

Twin Owl Baby Gift


This is a baby thank you gift set that I made for my husband to give to a co-worker who is expecting twins. I had a hard time coming up with a design for this set as the there is going to be a girl and a boy so I had to make the cards so they covered both genders. I finally decided on a pink owl and a blue owl perched on the branch from the XL Bird Punch mounted on a Top Note. The owls are cut out and popped on dimensionals. The branch is punched out of Delicate Dots DSP (retired 2009 Sale-a-Bration item). I accented the sides of the Top Note with a pink & blue brad. The thank you sentiment is stamped in Basic Gray and punched out with the large oval punch and layered on a Certainly Celery scalloped oval.

And of course since this is a gift I had to make a box to put the set of 10 cards in! I added some scallop border trim along the box top to give it some pop. The box is tied with retired Certainly Celery ribbon (Sale-A-Bration 2009) and finished with a "For You" tag using Vintage Labels (Free this year during Sale-A-Bration!!).

And here is the quick gift bag I made to put the whole shebang into... I punched out scallop squares using the Delicate Dots DSP (green & blue squares) as well as Tea Party DSP (pink squares).










Stamps: Animal Stories (owls), Spring Solitude ("Thank You") Vintage Labels

Ink: Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Basic Gray, Certainly Celery

Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Delicate Dots DSP, Certainly Celery, Tea Party DSP

Accessories: XL 2 Step Bird Punch, Big Shot Top Note die, brads, dimensionals, large oval punch, scalloped oval punch, scalloped circle punch, Certainly Celery twill ribbon, scalloped trim border punch, scalloped square punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!