Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Together Wedding


I've been away since the 30th visiting family in Illinois. My cousin got married out there so my husband and I schlepped the boys 14 hours in the car to be at the wedding. Surprisingly, everyone returned home in one piece and relatively happy. The boys were way better than we thought they would be on such a long car trip. Thank heavens for the built in DVD player and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse dvds though!

Here is the card that I made for my cousin and his new wife. Their theme was kind of nature-y and relaxed. They were married outdoors at Starved Rock State Park in Utica, IL. It was a beautiful ceremony and reception. Their invitations were printed on paper that had wildflower seeds embedded in it so that you could plant it and have a little wildflower garden after- such a neat idea....now I just need to find a good spot in the yard and get planting! The paper was kind of similar to the Stampin' Up Naturals Ivory so that's what I went with for my base. The closest color I had to their accent color was Ballet Blue.

The flowers on the long strip were stamped using Sahara Sand ink and the centers were slightly colored in using a blender pen and Ballet Blue watercolor crayon. The 2 Ballet Blue flowers were cut out and popped on dimensionals and their centers were highlighted with Dazzling Diamonds. The blue organdy ribbon was a scrap that I had saved. My trusty oval punches were the perfect sizes to highlight the "Mr. & Mrs." from Fundamental Phrases.

It doesn't show up well in the photo but I inked up the "Tt" stamp from Defining Alphabet in Sahara Sand, stamped off once then onto the cardstock and then the "Together" stamp from Define Your Life over the top of it in Ballet Blue. Add a few brads and some distressing and I think I came pretty close to their look.

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Define Your Life, Defining Alphabet, Fundamental Phrases

Ink: Sahara Sand, Ballet Blue

Paper: Naturals Ivory, Ballet Blue

Accessories: organdy ribbon, brads, distressing tool, oval punches, linen thread, dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds, blender pen, watercolor crayons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!