Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Spotted Owls First Birthday


Our nephew is turning one this week and this is the card I came up with. I totally took the layout & colors from the birthday party invitation! I thought the design was so cute and a perfect opportunity to try out the tone on tone look of textured cardstock circles that is everywhere. And I can't resist that owl from Animal Stories either (as you'll see in my next few posts!). The branch is from the retired set Just Vine- I didn't have anything else current that would work for a little perch my my guys and my drawing is atrocious hence my love of stamping! Both owls are stamped on the base and then stamped again and cut out and popped on dimensionals.

Stamps: Animal Stories, Just Vine, non-SU number stamp

Ink: Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue

Paper: Old Olive textured cardstock, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, white

Accessories: 1 3/8", 1 1/4" & 3/4" circle punches, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!