Thursday, July 16, 2009

Choo Choo 1st Birthday Thank You


Our week of birthdays has passed (my boys were both born in July, one on the 11th and one on the 15th) and now it is time to tackle the "Great Thank You Project". I got ahead of the game this year and designed and made the thank you cards well before the birthdays. I wanted to coordinate with the 1st birthday invitation for my youngest (see my previous post) and still be able to use them for my oldest as well.

I love the Choo Choo set and how easy it is to make an eye catching design. I stuck with the same colors for the thank you but used my circle & square punches to highlight each train car. I was able to stamp and punch out all the elements before we left on vacation at the start of July and was able to do all the assembly while we were on vacation. I just alternated the colors of the background squares with the colors of the train cars. I used my mat pack to evenly space the holes for the brads on the large oval. I also used the matching train track wheel across the inside of the card so it wouldn't look so bare and white.

Stamps: Choo Choo, In the Spotlight (thank you sentiment)

Paper: Whispher White, Brilliant Blue, Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Green Galore

Ink: Brilliant Blue, Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Green Galore

Accessories: circle punch, square punch, oval punch, mat pack, brads

1 comment:

  1. I love this card! The bright colors are great. This will make perfect cards for boys. Thanks for the inspiration MAry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!