Wednesday, June 24, 2009

4th of July Flag


This was the 3rd project my stamp club did last night. This card came about because 1) I wanted to demo Just Beachy one more time as the Occasions Mini is ending on June 30th 2) I've had Classic Stripes since December and hadn't really used it yet and it is retiring 3) I've been seeing these cute scallop border punch medallions and wanted to show that to my club 4) 4th of July is coming up and I have no patriotic stamps. That's a lot to ask of one project but I persevered and this is what I came up with....a loosely translated American Flag. I did change the club project to use a Whisper White base with Riding Hood Red stripes instead of this photo which has white craft ink and a Riding Hood Red cardstock base. The one my club did looked better- more vibrant- but I didn't take a photo of that variation. You'll just have to trust me!

I did use the stamp-a-ma-jig to get my little fish lined up just so. I'm getting to really like this handy tool after being slightly intimidated by it for a while. The scallop edge punch medallion is super easy. You can find a tutorial for the medallion here on Splitcoaststampers. And of course the medallion is finished off with a few grosgrain ribbon knots.

Stamps: Just Beachy, Classic Stripes

Ink: white craft, Riding Hood Red

Paper: Riding Hood Red, Night of Navy, Whisper White

Accessories: Scallop Border punch, stamp-a-ma-jig, grosgrain ribbon,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!